I have been waiting for the day to bake it after very long time.. I have been asked my hubby what cake you like the most. ? He said anything is fine but want very light sponge cake filled with lightest and melts in mouth..I thought that I would like to try pineapple gateau / Pineapple pastry cream cake... I have got everything so I am ready to wait for the day!! Finally it happened as I made him and my daughter very surprising cake with a praline on it and to the sides. It tasted amazing and totally loved it as it is very sponge and moist, filled with each layer cream and chopped pineapples cubes and topped with pineapple slices and praline to the sides.It tasted so heavenly and it got finished within 2 days !!! Am so happy seeing my family's faces and they are happy eating the slice of a cake with crunchy pralines. I am gonna bake it again for my friend's and family on any occasion. It is the best cake ever!!! Go on try for it.
Thank you priya :) Here goes the recipe :
Recipe Source: Pineapple Gateau
For the Pineapple Cake!!!
- 1 1/4 cups All purpose flour
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 5 large eggs
- 1/2 Tsp Baking powder
- 2 Tsp Vanilla extract
- 2 Tsp pineapple extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 F or 180 C.Line the baking pan 8 inch with parchment paper or grease it with butter and dust it with flour and keep aside.
- In a wide bowl, sift the flour,baking powder and sieve twice.
- In a big bowl, Add the eggs one by one , sugar,vanilla extract and pineapple extract and mix well until the eggs are well beaten. Do not over beat.
- Add the flour mixture in 3 additions into the egg mixture and fold gently by using spatula or wooden ladle..
- Make sure it is well incorporated.
- Pour the batter into the greased cake pan and bake it for about 30 minutes.
- Once the tooth pick comes out clean after inserted the cake
- Allow it to cool on the cooling rack.
- Slice it for 2 or 3 layers from the cake and place it on the plate.
For Making Pineapple sugar syrup to help the cake feel like moist and wet once soaked:
- 2 Cups Pineapple syrup
- 4 to 5 Tbsp Powdered sugar
- 2 Tsp Pineapple Extract
- Mix all the ingredients given and whisk once. Keep aside.
For making Whipped cream:
- 3 cups of heavy whipping cream I used (US product named Landolakes)
- 1 Cup Icing /confectioners sugar
- 2 Tsp Pineapple extract
- Freeze the bowl with whisk in the freezer for about 2 to 3 hours atleast.
- Refrigerate the cream for minimum 3 to 4 hours or its already refriegerated inside then it is fine.Once you start making take out the cream can from the fridge.It must be nice and cold.
- Whisk the cream for 2 minutes and then add the extract and sugar to it.Do not overbeat.
- Beat it until the peak forms stiff.
- Transfer into the bowl and keep in the fridge before you start to assemble the cake
To make Praline:
- 5 Tbsp Sugar
- 7 to 8 Whole almonds chopped finely.
- 2 Tbsp Butter(optional)
- In a wide saucepan,add butter and sugar mix well...Let the butter melt and the sugar is getting dissolved and will let it to turn as caramelized. it will turn brown in color. It will take few mins to get the exact color,Add the nuts and mix well.Switch off the heat.
- Transfer it into the parchment paper on the baking sheet. Let it cool for about 10 minutes.
- Place the other parchment paper on the top and roll it by using rolling pin ,crushing it and getting crumbs..
- Keep aside.
- Slice the cake in 2 or 3 layers.
- Take a pastry brush or spoon, pour the soaked pineapple syrup evenly...let it sit for about few minutes.
- Take out the whipped cream from the fridge,Take a dollop of whipped cream and spread evenly on each layer.
- Place the chopped pineapple chunks evenly on the whipped cream mixture cake.
- Repeat the same for the another 2 layers.
- Once layered,spread the whipped cream on the top and to the sides evenly
- Let it sit for few mins in the fridge.
- After few minutes place the praline on the sides of the cake with the help of your hands.
- Decorate it with whipped cream and pineapple slices or as you like to design on the cake!!!!
- Let it sit in the fridge for about 10 to 15 minutes or until the cake is set.Place the cake on the counter top at least 10 minutes before family or guest comes.