Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Eggless Kulkuls

Hello Friends!!!


It has been super hectic day today and I made Eggless Kulkuls and It reminds me when my hubby talked abt his visit at Goa!!! We went to Goan restaurant at my place  and very humble lady talked about Goan's cuisines and desserts and many flavors.It is alike to Kerala's Cuisine but tasted very differently. I was being tempted by hearing all her stories and her time during Christmas holidays here. It was best time ever with her at her restaurant. It is the best snack ever during Christmas at Goa!! I love it because the design made me feeling to try for it. I have been wanting to make it and it came out good atleast in my 1st attempt.

Once on Friday I was thinking what to make for my friends!! I want to try something different apart from South Indian snacks...So opted for kulkuls. I made a small batch as it is my 1st attempt so it came out better 
My family and my friends ate it and loved it. It is almost gone within less than 30 mins and asked me how to make/Thanks a lots Priya for  the best snack ever !!! Go visit her blog and you ll see baked goodies for Christmas time or as a snack along with a cup of Tea 

It is sweet version  mixed with flout sugar vanilla extract and make into dough. Make into small sized blueberry balls and press it flat on the back of the fork to get design while folding to get the desired shape.It was fun doing it and once fried ,drain it with tissue paper and coated with powdered sugar.It is almost ready to serve.... 





Recipe Source : Eggless Kulkuls

Ingredients:


  • .1 1/2 Cup All purpose flour
  • 1/4 Cup butter
  • 1/4 Cup Sugar
  • 1/2 Cup Powdered sugar
  • 1/2 Tsp Baking soda
  • 1/8 Tsp salt
  • 1/4 Cup Water or more to get stiff dough
  • 2-3 Tsp Vanilla extract
  • Oil to deep fry
Method:
  1. Sift the flour,baking soda in a bowl. Add salt to it and keep aside
  2. Melt the butter into the   medium saucepan on medium heat.Once butter is melted,add sugar to it.Let it dissolve and add vanilla extract and let it sit  at room temperature.Pour the butter mixture to the dry mixture bowl and it will be forming crumbs.
  3. Add water one by one while kneading the dough to get into ball formed.
  4. Keep aside for 15 mins.
  5. Make small sized blueberries ball and Take a ball and press it on the back of the fork and flatten it and roll it into a shell.Before reaching the end of the shell add little water to get the shell sealed.
  6. Repeat it for the remaining balls to get the desired shapes.
  7. Take a kadai,Pour the oil to it and heat it on medium high heat.
  8. Place the prepared kulkuls to the hot oil on medium flame...Fry it till it gets golden brown in color
  9. Drain it with tissue paper 
  10. Coat it with powdered sugar in a bowl while the kulkuls are warm enough.
  11. Serve it immediately or put it into the air tight container

Enjoy!!!


2 comments:

  1. Archu this is a childhood favourite and amma used to surprise me some days making this cute and delicious snack :) you have made it perfect. thank you for participating in my event.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kulkuls looks fantastic dear, perfectly done !!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! :) I look forward to hearing from you of any commrnts on my blog ,suggestions and requests Please follow my blog..
Feel free to email me @ tangymindsachu@gmail.com