Here is the Chocolate Babka Muffins for the Baking Partners challenge.It is very light and fluffy brioche filled with cinnamon and chocolate and topped with streusel. It goes great for having it at breakfast.
It is yeasted bun with chocolate filling and topped with streusel.It is so yummy and chocolatey flavor.
Thanks a lots Tamy and Swathi for the wonderful challenge.
Here are the ingredients:
Recipe Source : Portuguese Girls Cooks
For Making the Dough
- 1/2 Cup Whole Milk warmed to 110 Degrees.
- 1/4 Cup Sugar
- 2 Tsp Rapid Rise Yeast ( I used Red star Brand)
- 1 Egg(Room Temperature)
- 2 Cups All purpose Flour
- 1/2 Tsp salt
- 3 Tablespoons of Butter(Room Temperature)
For Making the Filling:
- 8 oz Semi sweet chocolate (I used mini choco chips)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 Tsp ground cinnamon
- A pinch of salt
- 3 Tablespoons of Butter (Room Temperature)
- 1 Egg Lightly Beaten
- 1 Tablespoon Heavy Cream
For Streusel Topping
- 1/3 Cup Powdered sugar
- 1/4 Cup All purpose Flour
- 3 Tablespoon Butter (Room Temperature)
For the Dough:
- In an Electric Stand mixer or hand mixer fitted with paddle attachment,Combine the yeast with milk and sugar to it and stir until it is blended and dissolved.
- Blend it for few minutes.
- Add egg,salt and mix well until it is incorporated on medium speed.
- Add the flour to it and finally add butter to it and it forms sticky.Change to hook attachment
- Beat it on low heat till it gets form dough and it will be sticky.It is fine.No extra flour to add.
- Make sure there are no chunks formed.
- Grease the wide bowl with butter
- Transfer the dough into it and cover it with plastic wrap or kitchen towel
- Let it rest and rise for about 1 to 1 1/2 hours.
Making the filling:
- Once the dough is still rising.
- Combine all the ingredients given under the Filling in a food processer to get coarsely powder except butter.
- Add the butter to it and pulse it for few seconds to get combined.
- Set Aside.
For Streusel Topping
- Combine all the ingredients given and it will be chunks,Use it with pastry cutter or fork and mix well until it gets into smaller or larger crumbs.
- Set aside.
- Grease the butter into the 12 Muffin Pan
- Once the dough has risen.Take out the dough and place it on the working surface.
- Deflate the dough and let it rest for about 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle the flour on the working surface and place the dough on it.
- Roll out the dough to form into rectangle about 12*20 inches
- Spread the filling evenly over the dough.
- Roll out the dough into a tight log starting from the shorter end and rolling the other end.Pinch the both sides.
- Place the log on the cutting board and cut into segments for about 1 inch by using serrated knife.
- Place the cut dough into the greased muffin pan.
- Cover it with plastic wrap and let it rise for about 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350 F or 180 C
- Whisk the egg and cream together and brush it with the top of each and every muffin.
- Sprinkle the streusel on each and every muffin.
- Bake it for about 15 to 20 minutes
- Allow it to cool on the cooling rack.
- It is best to serve warm..It is best to eat on the same day.
- You can reheat the microwave for about 15 secs to get warm.. Warm muffins are always super taste.
Happy Baking :)
Linking this entry to Baking Partners Challenge by Swathi