Thursday, May 30, 2013

Thai Style Deep Fried Bananas!

Dear Friends!!!!


I am making this because my parents visited Asia Pacific country during their trip  and she got it and tasted and said me It was so different from Kerala Style Deep fried plantain fritters.Here I have made Keralite recipes for Plantain Fritters last time and during childhood days along with my bro my mom used to make it as a snack and I want to try out differently and it tasted so  different and adding coconut is amazing. I made Thai Style Deep fried Plantains and go for it..Thank you mom for giving very delicious dessert recipe :)

It goes great with a Cup of Tea  or it is a Snack Time.




Recipe Source : My mom.

Ingredients:


  • 1 Cup Flour (1/2 Cup of All purpose Flour plus 1/2 cup Rice flour)
  • 1/2 up Sugar
  • 1/2 Cup  unsweetened coconut flakes or freshly grated coconut.
  • 3 Ripe thinly Sliced Plantains(Not too ripe) Atleast yellow skin with green color on the bottom.
  • 1/2 Tsp Baking soda
  • Warm Water to adjust the medium consistency batter.( I used 1/4 to 1/2 cup water)
  • 1/2 Tablespoons of Sesame Seeds
  • 1/2 Tsp salt.
  • Oil for frying

Method:

  1. Heat the oil in the deep frying kadai/pan and make sure the oil is hot on medium heat.
  2. Cut the bananas into lengthwise at least 1/4 inch slices.
  3. Mix the flours, baking soda,salt and sieve it once in a bowl.
  4. Pour the warm water to it till you get the medium consistency batter
  5. Add the grated/unsweetened coconut and sesame seeds
  6. Finally dip the sliced bananas to the batter and put it in the heated oil frying pan and allow to cook until it gets brown in color on both sides.
  7. Wrap the fried bananas with the tissue paper.Allow it to absorb the oil.Repeat the batch till the plantains gets dipped over and fry.
  8. Serve warm along with cup of tea or goes well with ice-cream once the fried plantains is set cooled. or garnish it with chocolate sauce if you like.

Enjoy!!!
Happy Cooking!!!


Linking this entry Flavors of Thai by  Swathi's Zesty South Indian Kitchen and Erivum Puliyum.





Linking this entry to Pari's Event Cook Like Mum

8 comments:

Thanks for stopping by! :) I look forward to hearing from you of any commrnts on my blog ,suggestions and requests Please follow my blog..
Feel free to email me @ tangymindsachu@gmail.com