Friday, May 24, 2013

Spinach Thoran by non blogger friend Bini


Dear Friends

Here is the spinach thoran made by non blogger cum sweet friend Bini ..She has done her lovely and healthy recipe called Spinach Thoran. She has done her sweet note about her mom in my hosting event and Jagruti's event Celebrate Series -Love for Mum.

Letz start with a small introduction about my mom..My mom's name is Nadeera Basheer.. I call her ummachi...She is a doctor by profession..My mom is the most busiest person i have found in my life...She is a very active person...She is a normal cook...she doesn't know about baking and all..But which ever normal dish she makes, is capable of satisfying our taste buds to the maximum...She is very fond of sweets and non veg recipes...Nowadays, she seems to be lazy when it comes to cooking...I think her plan is to make me a very good cook as my marriage is also approaching....So she is making me to take the in charge of kitchen most of the days...Blush..Love my mom...I am so happy to cook for my family...All girls dream about having  their own kitchen for the culinary trials...na.....That is all about my sweet mom..

This is one of my mom's favorite vegetarian dishes...She loves this recipe very much..She is a big fan of easy to cook recipes...He have a garden of both red and green spinach at our home..Terrace gardening.....My father and mother loves gardening and cultivating...



The basic ingredient is an inevitable one in Indian kitchen...RED SPINACH...So the name of this dish is RED SPINACH THORAN....Of course, u can try this using green spinach too....A very common dish to keralites....The same gravy can be used for many other vegetables like pea,drumstick etc.....So letz start...


INGREDIENTS

1) red spinach/chuvanna cheera - 1 bunch ( finely chopped)
2) coconut (grated) - 1 cup (tea cup)
3) garlic - 2 pods (chopped)
4) green chilly - 2 (chopped)
5) shallots/cheriya ulli/chuvannulli ) - 2 pods (chopped)
6) cumin seeds - 1/4 tspoon (small)
7) turmeric powder - 1/4 tspoon (small)
8) mustard seeds - 3/4 tspoon
9) curry leaves - 1 stalk
10) red chilly/vattalmulaku - 1
11) black gram dal/uzhunnu parippu - 3/4 tspoon
12) oil - 2 tspoon
13) salt - for taste

PROCEDURE

1) Wash the leaves well....drain it and chop well...
2) Grind ingredients two to six in a grinder and keep it aside.
3) Heat oil in a kadai and put mustard seeds..let it splutter
4) add red chilli, curry leaves and saute for 2- 3 seconds
5) Add black gram dal and saute well for few seconds
6) Add the grinded mixture and saute well till it becomes light brown.
7) Now add chopped spinach leaves and mix well.
8) Add salt and stir well.
9) Cover the kadai with a lid and cook for some minutes in low flame..
10) Off the flame and serve with hot rice....


Enjoy!!!
Happy Cooking!!!


An event hosted by me and Jagruti's Event Celebrate- Love for Mum

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. simple dish ,but so comforting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nalla throan Archana. Looks perfect,

    ReplyDelete
  4. yum yum yum...soooo nice :)
    www.merrytummy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! :) I look forward to hearing from you of any commrnts on my blog ,suggestions and requests Please follow my blog..
Feel free to email me @ tangymindsachu@gmail.com