Friday, May 24, 2013

JackFruit Kheer by Non blogger friend Bini


Dear Friends

Here my non blogger friend cum sweet friend posted her recipe in my mail for Celebrate Series - Love for Mum :) Here it is. She has done beautiful and lovely notes about her mom and gave wonderful recipe called Jackfruit Kheer. Am sure it is keralite style :)

Letz start with a small introduction about my mom..My mom's name is Nadeera Basheer.. I call her ummachi...She is a doctor by profession..My mom is the most busiest person i have found in my life...She is a very active person...She is a normal cook...she doesn't know about baking and all..But which ever normal dish she makes, is capable of satisfying our taste buds to the maximum...She is very fond of sweets and non veg recipes...Nowadays, she seems to be lazy when it comes to cooking...I think her plan is to make me a very good cook as my marriage is also approaching....So she is making me to take the in charge of kitchen most of the days...Blush..Love my mom...I am so happy to cook for my family...All girls dream about having  their own kitchen for the culinary trials...na.....That is all about my sweet mom..


Now letz come to our dish..I completely adapted this recipe from my mom...Infact a very delicious dessert...My mom used to prepare this...She is very fond of Jack fruit especially the type "THEN VARIKKA"....Yesterday, One of our neighbors gave us  a jack fruit..I planned to surprise my mom with this delicious dessert when she comes from hospital...and I was so happy  to see her satisfied with my dessert...She didn't left a single drop of milk..Actually my love for her made me to prepare her favorite dessert for her....This dessert is actually made from a very common South Indian fruit called "Jack Fruit"...So Jack fruit itself is the main ingredient...All the ingredients has got its own nutritional value too...So letz start without wasting anymore time...





  INGREDIENTS

1)  Jack fruit (roughly chopped)  -  2 cups
2)  Sugar - 1 tablespoon
3)  Salt -  1 pinch
4)  Milk - 1 glass
5)  Ghee - 1 teaspoon (small)
6)  Raisins - 5
7)  Cashew nuts - 5
8)  Cardamom powder - a pinch
9)  Water - Very little

PROCEDURE

1)  Pressure cook the jack fruit with very little water and a pinch of salt
2)  Off the flame after three whistles and let the pressure release by itself
3)  Boil milk. Add sugar and cardamom powder to the milk and mix well..
4)  Add this milk to the pressure cooker and mix well.
5)  Transfer the mixture in the pressure cooker to the serving bowl..
5)  Roast cashew nuts and raisins in ghee in a pan/kadai
7)  Pour this cashew nuts and raisins along with ghee over thee jack fruit mixture in the bowl...

     Serve hot or after refrigerating it for a while..


My mom came from hospital after 15 minutes after i prepared this for her...So ii got some time to slightly lower the hotness of the dessert...She love to have this dessert in slightly hot stage which is the most tastiest form of this dessert..

  Hope u all liked this delicious sweetish recipe...Each and every ingredients has high nutritional value...and hope u all guys will try it also...


Enjoy!!!
Happy Cooking :)


An event hosted by me and Jagruti's Event Celebrate- Love for Mum


1 comment:

Thanks for stopping by! :) I look forward to hearing from you of any commrnts on my blog ,suggestions and requests Please follow my blog..
Feel free to email me @ tangymindsachu@gmail.com