Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Peach Crisp

Dear Friends

It was long weekend here and I got bored of sitting at home.Want to go out somewhere. MY hubby took me to big farmer's market where all fresh fruits and vegetables are kept.I love to pick mostly that is fruits :) I saw lots and lots of peaches and was wondering as we never tasted it :( I asked my hubby we will try for it.We loved it after slicing it. So sweet and tasty. I want to make something different :)It is popular baking dish called PEACH COBBLER.I want to try something different. Wow got it its same like Peach cobbler but slightly different. I got finally found one of my favorite Chef.Go for the recipe adapted from here
I made some changes as I did followed and reduced to half of the measurements.You can follow the full measurements :)



Ingredients:

To make the Filling :(WET INGREDIENTS)
  • 3 Peaches Ripe one.Cut into bite size chunks.
  • 3 Tablespoons Brown sugar
  • 1 Tablespoon Sugar
  • 1 1/2 Tablespoon all purpose flour
  • 1/4 Tsp Vanilla extract
  • 1 Lemon Zest 
  • 3 Tablespoons juice  from lemon
  • 1/4 cup Golden raisins or Black currants (I used black raisins)
  • A Pinch of salt.
To make the Topping :(DRY INGREDIENTS)
  • 2/3 Cup All purpose Flour
  • 1/4 cup brown sugar
  • 1/4 cup sugar
  • A pinch of salt
  • 2 Tablespoons unsalted butter cold and no melting please.
  •  1/4 cup sliced almonds
  • 1/4 cup rolled oats
  • 1 1/2 Tablespoons Peach fruit juice extract from peaches or Cold Water.
 Method:
Here is the step by  step wise as follows




  1. Under Wet ingredients,Mix everything one by one to make the filling.Keep aside.
  2. Preheat the oven to 350 F or 180 C.Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil
  3. Take a food processor or using pastry blender or mixie with pulse button,Put all the dry ingredients to make coarse without adding water/peach fruit extract..It should be like more crumbs.
  4. Transfer to the bowl by adding 1 tablespoon water/peach fruit extract till you get the mixture crumble and not sticky.
  5. Take ramekins,Place the filling to it. 
  6. Place the crumbled mixture on it .Allow it to sprinkle..
  7. Bake it for about 20 to 25 minutes or until the topping is light brown.
  8. Allow it to cool or warm.
  9. Serve it with a dollop of ice cream of your choice.
  10. Enjoy :)
Notes:I didn't use ice cream on my ramekins because here the weather is very cold and rainy :)you can add :)

Happy Baking :)



Submitting this entry to  Vardhini's and Raven's Event Announcement

Smitha's and Gayathri's Event Announcement for Walk through Memory Lane.





Archana's Bake Fest#11 and Vardhini's Event Announcement

Pari's Indian Vegetarian Recipes Event Anouncement



7 comments:

  1. Archu you are really a baking queen :D too many goodies and they look so lovely too

    Priya
    Cook like Priya

    ReplyDelete
  2. Delicious peach crisp. Love the fresh fruit dessert.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks yummy .. I just posted something similar too. Thx for linking.

    Vardhini
    Event: Peaches + Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi dear, this is so tempting, thanks for linking to my event.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow this is yum. This has been on my to do list for a long time but lazy me has not attempted it as yet. Thanks for linking .

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! :) I look forward to hearing from you of any commrnts on my blog ,suggestions and requests Please follow my blog..
Feel free to email me @ tangymindsachu@gmail.com